Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lennox Cafe Bistro (+ Pancake Tuesday!)

I was the Lennox Café Bistro with my Mam on Sunday. During the week they have a breakfast menu before 12 and then lunch for the rest of the day. On the weekend they just do brunch. From what I can see from their website the brunch menu takes dishes from both the breakfast and lunch menus they work from the rest of the time. Everything was really tasty, with consistently good ingredients used in all of the dishes, yummy! Here's what we had:


I had huevos rancheros, with chorizo, kidney beans, avocado, cheddar and a choice of egg (I had mine poached!) For those of you who don't know what "huevos rancheros" is/are (I didn't either), it's basically a tortilla wrap with all the ingredients piled on top and put into the oven. Sort of similar to an omelette, but with a base of tortilla instead of eggs. This was really tasty, all of the flavours worked well together. I will definitely be trying to make something similar myself. The only complaint I would have is that I would have liked another egg.


My Mam had the eggs florentine that came with minty hollandaise sauce. I can't really report too much on this but she has ordered them before so they must be good and they certainly look good.



I had some toasted banana and walnut bread with my tea. It was really nice toasted, crisp on the outside and moist on the inside with the added crunch of the walnuts. I'm always really impressed with banana bread because it's never right when I make it (I'll come back to this another day). It came with cream and jam, I probably would have preferred a bit of butter.

Lennox Café Bistro
31 Lennox Street
Dublin 8.

On a side note, today is pancake Tuesday, yipee! I like mine to be traditional, with just a sprinkling of sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. How do you like yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment