Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 11, 2013

Hatch and Sons Irish Kitchen


I went for brunch with my family yesterday to Hatch and Sons Irish Kitchen.
It's on Stephen's Green underneath the Little Museum of Dublin, which it is connected to.
Everything in the café is based on an old Irish kitchen, from the décor, to the cutlery, to the menu.
I know it sounds a but touristy, particularly because of its link with the museum but I think that they have struck a good balance between kitsch and quality that will attract both locals and tourists alike.
The menu is not particularly big, offering an all day breakfast that includes favourites such as a traditional Irish fry, lunch time sandwiches and salads and hot meals such as beef and Guinness stew.
There is also a nice selection of wines and Irish craft beers (it was a bit to early for this when we went for brunch!)
The food was really well executed and everyone wolfed down the food when it arrived.
My Dad and Gran had the baked eggs, sausage, bacon and roast tomato, pictured below. 


Although there is nothing particularly original about this dish (or anything on the menu, really), all of the ingredients were of a high quality, making it a cut above most fries I've encountered.
 I had the spiced beef sandwich, served with coolea, onion relish and rapeseed mayo. It was absolutely delicious and I would definitely get it again.


I ordered a slice of carrot cake with my tea. I find that when I have carrot cake in a café it is often quite dry and generally disappointing. This was not.
The cake was perfectly spiced and was topped with a generous layer of cream cheese frosting. Delicious.


I was really impressed with my meal in Hatch and Sons. Every plate of food offered up to us was really well executed and of a very impressive quality for the price. I would encourage everyone to go and try out this (fairly) new eatery, but be prepared to wait for a table as there were people queueing up as we were leaving.

Hatch and Sons Irish Kitchen,
15 Stephen's Green,
Dublin 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment